Best Weed Tea Recipe in 10 Easy Steps
Weed tea, aka pot tea or marijuana tea, has been a part of humanity for centuries. A technique known as bhang, has been utilized for thousands of years in India. This relaxing THC infused drink can be achieved by novice cooks and cannabis connoisseurs alike. After years of marijuana tea drinking, it is time to share two of the easiest step by step recipes for making weed tea. This easy weed tea recipe will teach you how to harness Marijuana’s sweet aroma and taste into a tea. So without further ado, here is 10 easy steps to making marijuana tea.
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of butter (regular or bud butter)
- 1 to 3 grams of marijuana
- 1 Tea bag of your favorite tea (Chai, Peppermint, Chamomile, etc.)
*Be aware that Marijuana Tea like most edibles can take up to an hour to take full effect.
RECIPE: Step-By-Step Instructions For Making Weed Tea
1. Obtain 1 to 3 grams of high to mid grade marijuana per serving. Realize that if you are using lower grade marijuana it may require more than 3 grams.
*TIP: Use a Sativa strain for alert daytime use and Indica strain for relaxation at night.
2. Grind the Marijuana as Finely as possible. It is easier to extract THC from the marijuana flower material when it is finely broken up.
3. Get 3 Cups of Water
4. Bring the water to a boil in a small pan
5. Once boiling add the 2 tablespoons of butter/cannabutter to the water. I know it sounds gross having butter in tea, but it is necessary. THC is Marijuana’s primary metabolite and is only fat soluble, hence the butter. Don’t worry the butter cannot be tasted in the final product. Realize that if you decide to use cannabutter your final product will be more potent. Also note that adding more butter does not extract more THC it just makes your Weed Tea taste AWFUL! Trust me I know from experience.
6. It is now time to Stir in the cannabis that you have broken up. I recommend keeping the stovetop temperature on 8 out of 10.
7. Set your timer for 45 minutes. You can boil for as little as 5 minutes (use 1 tablespoon of butter instead) or as long as an hour, but 45 minutes seems to be the sweet spot for maximum THC extraction.
8. Stir the marijuana in the boiling water often and definitely DO NOT SIT IT AND FORGET IT. If to much water evaporates it is ok to add a little extra water.
9. After 45 Minutes use a strainer to separate all the marijuana chunks out leaving the marijuana infused liquid in a large mug. Be careful the water is extremely hot! If you are not going to add an additional tea packet let the weed tea sit for several minutes to cool down before drinking.
10. It is now time to add any additional tea bags. I recommend following the instructions on the tea bag that you decide to use, replacing water with the cannabis infused tea you just created. We used Chai tea and let is steep for a few minutes and then added honey, which ended up tasting pretty good. Realize that your tea may not be the same color as the picture, unfortunately my camera malfunctioned and I had to use this picture off google.
Congratulations! You have now successfully completed the process of making weed tea. I hope you enjoyed this 10 step recipe for making weed tea. Below you will see a bonus video from YouTube on making marijuana tea that does not require a strainer. Bon Appétit!